Silk Playground playsilks are 90x90cm, 100% high quality silk, and securely hemmed. The hemming is important, as they need to withstand a lot of handling by young children.
A standard set has 7 bright, even colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink. They are dyed so that the colour is rich & saturated and even. The dye is lightfast, colourfast and non-toxic.
- Handwash them individually in cold or lukewarm water (I use the bathroom hand basin)
- For detergent, use a little dishwashing liquid, or baby shampoo
- Gently rub the soap through the fabric
- Rinse thoroughly. If you like, you can add a tablespoon or two of white vinegar to the rinse water to give it a lovely lustre, but this is optional
- Avoid soaking the silk for long periods
- Don't wring the scarf, instead, gently squeeze it then lay it on a clean, dry towel and roll the towel to remove excess water
- Line dry in the shade (do not tumble dry)
- Iron if you wish on the silk setting (low heat). If you use a hotter iron setting, lay a handkerchief or sheet on top of the playsilk. I usually don't iron mine, as the wrinkles fall out with a bit of play! Sometimes I hang them to dry in the bathroom, too, and steam from the shower gets the wrinkles out.